Sustainability on Tap (SoT) networking session @GCSHE
Do you know an advanced-degree/graduate student who is attending the upcoming Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education (GCSHE)? Are they also doing interesting sustainability/environmental research or leading an exciting campus sustainability project? The session is looking for 8 graduate students to give super short 3min. presentations on their sustainability/environmental work as part of the live Sustainability on Tap (SoT) networking session I'm hosting at the conference. SoT is designed to be a fun, informal opportunity for grad students to present their research or projects to a supportive audience. Students can submit their presentation proposal here, preference given to proposals received by Sep. 19. More details below – please spread the word to any grad students you work with!
· Session title: Sustainability on Tap! at the Global Conference on Sustainability in Higher Education
· Date/Time: Thursday, Oct. 14 at 3-4pm (Eastern)/2-3pm (Central)
· Description: Busting through academic silos can be tough. Enter - Sustainability on Tap! For the past 4 years, this University of Texas at Austin event has brought together graduate students from every college on campus (yes, all of them!) to network and learn about sustainability research and initiatives that are typically buried inside an institutional silo. In this session, we'll give attendees the opportunity to experience the fun of a virtual Sustainability on Tap. Enjoy speedy student presentations, a beverage of your choice, and more cowbell! By the end, you'll not only learn a bit about sustainability initiatives across the nation, but you'll also have all the knowledge and experience you need to bring this event to your own campus. Cheers!
· Ask: We're looking for advanced-degree/graduate students to present during this session. Use this form to submit a proposal to present your sustainability or environmental research, project, or passion to your peers in 3 easy minutes. All you need is 5 slides, an environmental/social sustainability angle, and a sense of fun. Any and all presentation ideas are welcome! Priority given to submissions received by Sep. 19. Sustainability on Tap will be limited to approximately 8 graduate/advanced-degree student presenters who will be selected to best showcase the diversity of sustainability and environmental fields and to represent a range of universities/colleges. Remember, you must be registered to attend GCSHE in order to present at or attend Sustainability on Tap.
· Don't want to present? Not a grad student? That's OK! All GCSHE attendees are invited to join the Sustainability on Tap session! It'll be fun (did we mention the cowbell?)!
For more information please contact:
Brianna Duran | Campus Environmental Center Coordinator | Office of Sustainability
The University of Texas at Austin | 512-232-7840 office | 512-906-5503 cell
Bleed Orange. Live Green.
Posted: September 1, 2021, 9:18 AM