REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE & COMPOST!
REDUCE & REUSE
- Learn how to update your printer settings to double sided!
- Skip the disposable cups and bottles- instead bring your own to save money and waste!
- UMBC offers discounts at the register for refilling your own coffee mug on campus.
- Several water bottle refilling stations are located around campus (such as the Commons, Library, and Residence Halls)
- Don’t just toss plastic bags & waxy receipt, let the cashier know if you don’t need one.
- Donate bulk items such as furniture through Facilities Management or Retriever Exchange.
Learn more, and request UMBC’s standard bins or labels for waste or recycling: