- Glass, plastic, metal, paper, and cardboard are all recyclable on campus. Look for the blue bags & stickers!
- Recycling should be clean and dry. No plastic bags or plastic film (cling wrap, shrink wrap,etc.) in recycling bins.
WHERE TO RECYCLE
- Residents and offices are asked to supply their own recycling bins for personal spaces.
- Facilities provides bins in building lobbies and main hallways, as well as outdoors.
- Recycling bins are available through Facilities Management.
OTHER RECYCLABLES (BULK, ELECTRONICS, ETC.)
- Paper Shredding: UMBC’s central service for bulk paper shredding. http://procurement.umbc.edu/campus-contracts/
- Bulk items such as furniture and electronics get a new life with UMBC’s donation program through Facilities Management.
- Ink Cartridges and Batteries can be recycled at the Commons Information Desk or through Facilities Management.
- Electronics recycling: Facilities Management holds popular E-cycling drives each semester.
- Learn more about recycling at UMBC! Student groups can request a portable compost & recycling bin and pick up service through events services
- Join the Recycling and Waste Reduction Work Group of the Climate Action Steering Committee.
- Take a virtual tour of the Republic Services Materials Recovery Facility (Recycling)