WHAT TO COMPOST
- All Food Waste: All left over food, no oil or liquids.
- Soiled Paper Products: used napkins, paper cups, paper plates, etc.
- Plant-based Packaging (see the full list)
- Composting allows food and plants to decompose into fertile soil
- Waste decomposing in a landfill without oxygen creates methane – a greenhouse gas contributing to climate change.
- Learn more about composting at epa.gov!
Go Zero Waste at Your Next Event
- Request portable compost bins for events through work control!
- Choose compostable dishware and flatware for your next event
- Student groups can request a portable compost & recycling bin and pick up service through events services
- The SGA Green Paws fund allows student organizations to acquire plant based compostable materials at no additional cost.