The Green Office Program is a voluntary, recognition-based carbon reductions program that provides resources to assist offices in reducing waste and conserving energy, including:
- Training on sustainable practices tailored to our campus
- Eco-Ambassadors- trained student volunteers to help update your office
- A checklist of the smartest and simplest actions to choose form
- A toolkit with reminders, recycling bins and more
- Certification and recognition for offices
The program has been in partnership with Sustainability Matters, and the Green Office Work Group under the leadership of the Climate Change Task Force.
Contact email@example.com to get started!
Request an Eco-Ambassador Program:
- Green Pledge Table: Are you having an event? Having the Eco-Ambassadors there will help engage everyone in living green on campus- plus everyone who stops by will get a Green Pledge photo and sticker to remember their commitment. Length: 15 min.
- Campus Sustainability Presentation: What is sustainability and why does it matter? How do individuals contribute to what the UMBC community is doing to go green? How do we sort our waste, save energy, and drive less? Your group can learn all this and more. Length: 15 min.
- Campus Sustainability Game: An interactive game that will engage everyone with sustainable ideas, actions and knowledge. Great for student organizations and fairs. Length: 30 min.- 60 min
- Campus Sustainability Tour: How has the UMBC community collaborated and innovated to enact sustainable campus design features across campus? Explore sustainability with Eco-Ambassadors and see the campus in a new light.Length: 60 min
- Sustainability Roundtable: A facilitated and interactive roundtable discussion to engage participants in exploring the themes, meaning, and application of UMBC’s sustainability principles. Length: 60 min
- Residential Life Programs: Eco-Ambassadors are available to partner with RA’s to provide active and passive programs on sustainability.
To Request a Program: Provide the following information in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Title
- Preferred Method of Contact (Phone, email or other)
- Start & Time
- Room Number
- Name and type of group (i.e. IHU, RA Program, etc)
- Number of people in group
- Any specific topics or requests
Submit this information to: Tanvi Gadhia, Environmental Sustainability Coordinator